This site was designed for the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer (version 10+). Some features may not work correctly in your browser.OK
(304) 255-1555 100 Appalachian Dr Beckley, WV 25801
Charleston, WV Attractions - Lewis Nissan
Charleston – the capital of West Virginia, and also the largest city in the state – is a beacon for government, education, and of course, recreational activities. Visitors and natives alike can enjoy Charleston main attractions, which include:
1. The State Museum – Located in the Cultural Center, the museum is a free, kid-friendly, attraction that chronicles the history of West Virginia from its early settlers to present day through displays, videos, and interactive exhibits.
2. The State Capitol – Located right next to the State Museum along the river and open to the public for tours, the beautiful golden domed building designed by famed architect Cass Gilbert features marble walls, two 1,500-lb crystal chandeliers, and beautiful grounds.
3. Capitol Market is the perfect place to visit for refreshments and a little (or a lot) of shopping after seeing the State Museum and State Capitol. Featuring specialty artisan shops, seafood market, bakery, wine store, and the best restaurant in Charleston – SOHO’s.
4. Haddad Riverfront Park – Located in downtown Charleston, this quaint spot is a great place to sit or stroll while enjoying the river-views. A newly constructed concert venue in the center of the park hosts a series of free Friday concerts as well as festivals throughout the summertime.
5. Kanawha State Forest – For a relaxing getaway, be sure to visit this gem located 7-miles south of Charleston. Containing 9,300-acres of forest, campsites, hiking/biking trails, a swimming pool, and playground, it is the perfect place to soak-in the Charleston nature – just be sure to avoid the poison ivy!
Whether you are a native of Charleston, West Virginia, or just passing through, be sure to stop by Lewis Nissan, located exactly one hour southwest of Charleston, along Interstate 64, for the hottest Nissan deals around.